Painted redwood baroque cabinet from Sweden made during the mid 1700s. The paint is from the mid 1800s and the cabinet has wrought iron hardware with the original locks. Made with two doors and fillings on the sides. The cabinet has the patina and distress of time for an authentic antique feel. Healthy and solid frame. Smaller marks of wear on the sides at the top of the pediment – see picture.
The cabinet has the original locks but they do not work and there are no keys. Hence the wood latch on the lower door. The interior has one shelf in each cabinet and is bare wood. The frame itself is 115 cm wide and 45 cm deep and the pediment is 133 cm wide and 56 cm deep.
The cabinet is from a local church museum called Norrala church. The church closed last winter at which point this cabinet had been part of their collection for over a century, since 1910.
For more Case Pieces and Storage